Ever wondered why more and more women are going for shorter haircuts these days? It's not that they don't like long hair or think that long locks won't suit them; they just don't have the time to style long hair!
Let's face it – those of us with a 9-5 don't have hours to waste in front of the mirror perfecting ourhairstyles. To make everything run like clockwork, most ladies can only spend five to ten minutes (max!) on fixing their hair in the morning. But then there's the need to look one's very best at work, as you never know when an unscheduled meeting, a spontaneous client visit or an impromptu lunch with the team may pop up!
IF you know this situation all too well, don't worry! We've prepared a special list of 12 quick-fix morning hairstyles for working women that you can perfect in less than 10 minutes. Try them out over the week and let us know which one is your favorite.
1. Twisted Ponytail
The twisted ponytail is the easiest and the quickest hair styling technique that you can follow on a busy day. If you have medium to long length hair, you can make a twisted ponytail in three simple steps:
1) Divide your ponytail into two sections.
2) Twist one section into a coil.
3) Wrap the twisted coil of hair around the other section of your ponytail (in a loop) and secure with a bobby pin.
Just like that, you've got your twisted ponytail!
For a neater finish, spritz a fine hold hairspray and smooth out your hair with the back of your hairbrush. For a spunkier look, you can create a twisted ponytail on the side of your head instead of at theback.
2. The Low Knot
Want an easy-peasy hairstyle that is quick to do and very classy to look at? Create a low knot. This super cute and ultra-feminine hairstyle will leave you looking great and feeling relaxed.
The low knot works great with medium to long length hair and can be achieved with straight, wavy and curly hair. To create this style, here's what you do:
1) Divide your perfectly brushed hair into two sections at the nape of your neck.
2) Tie them in a knot (just as you would knot a rope),
3) Secure the knot with bobby pins,
You can lend it your own style by going for a messier knot or trying out a side knot. To add a little more romance to the look, tuck in a fresh flower or an ornate hair clip.
3. Knotted Pony
While a simple ponytail works best to keep hair off your face, a knotted pony reinvents the look and lends it a modern flair.
Knotted ponytails can be made with medium to long length hair of any texture. To create the style, all you need to do is:
1) Brush back your hair neatly and collect it all at the back, near the nape of your neck,
2) Grab all the hair in your palm and make a knot out of it,
3) Tuck in a couple of bobby bins at the bottom of the knot to secure it,
For best results, remember to prep your hair with a good frizz-smoothing cream before brushing it and pump your favorite hairspray on the knot to set it for longer wear. You can make a knotted pony in the center or at the side of your head. You can also wear it high or low, depending on what you fancy. Own the look with a dash of red hot lipstick!
4. Braided Headband
Braids may seem boring but actually they are quite versatile! Fancy a different look? Try the braided headband. Slightly romantic, somewhat dreamy and very feminine, the braided headband is a great style to keep hair off your face in a beautiful manner.
To create a braided headband,
1) Section your hair from ear to ear, going across the top, and secure the back section out of the way
2) Starting braiding your hair upward from one side of the ear all the way down to the other ear
3) Secure the end of the braid behind your ear with the help of pins
4) Let the other section of your hair loose and brush it for a perfect finish
Whether you have short hair, medium length tresses or luscious long locks, you can always trade in your regular hairstyle for this princess look. Spritz some hairspray on the braid toseal the deal.
5. Asymmetrical Chignon
A chignon is a much prettier rendition of a classic bun. It is very easy to make and is apt for just about any occasion! Let your face enjoy all the attention while your loose strands are tied in a classy updo. To make an asymmetrical chignon, follow these steps:
1) Make a neat ponytail and secure it with a hair tie
2) Twist the ponytail all the way to the tip
3) Coil the twisted ponytail around the hair tie to form a bun (chignon)
4) Secure the chignon with bobby pins
This super classy hairstyle takes minutes to complete. Best achieved with medium length to long hair, the asymmetrical chignon can be made high, low, in the center or on the side of your head. Remember to spritz a good hairspray to keep all loose ends and flyways in place.
6. Half Up with Top Knot
You've seen movie starlets and pop divas flaunting the half up top knot; why not try it out on yourself and see how you look? Blending the half-up and top knot styles, this modern hairstyle for women looks super sexy and is super fun!
To make the half-up top knot, you need to:
1) Part your hair into two sections.
2) Take the top section of your hair and back brush it to give it a gentle tease.
3) Once you've added volume to this section, smooth it out and tie it into a ponytail.
4) Twist the ponytail and coil it around the hair tie to make a top knot.
5) Secure the top knot with bobby pins.
The half up top knot is all about texture and attitude. Remember to prep your tresses with a fine hold hairspray before getting started.
7. Double Rope Twist Braid
Tired of braiding you hair the same way every day? Want to try something different? With just a couple of extra minutes on hand, you can create a double rope twisted braid – an interesting and alternative take on the traditional braid.
Wondering what a double rope twist braid is? Well, its two rope braid pigtails merged together into a single braid. The style is super easy to create and can be crafted as follows:
1) Divide your hair into two vertical sections (of equal width).
2) Divide each section horizontally (just at your ear lobes) and secure both the lower sections.
3) Start twisting your top hair sections – from the temple down to the tip – one at a time; when you reach the end of each section, pin the coiled piece behind the ear.
4) Divide the remaining lower section of hair into three sections to make a braid.
5) Take the coiled section on each side (from Step 3) and merge it with the left and right hair section (of Step 4) respectively, i.e,. add the twisted pigtails to the braid sections.
6) Braid all three sections.
Spritz hairspray to set the braid perfectly... et voila!
The double rope twisted bun may sound complicated, but it is not. With a little practice, you can create this hairstyle in less than five minutes.
8. Braided Bun
Another interesting and pretty variation of the classic bun, the braided bun is a simple hairstyle that you can make in a matter of minutes.
The hairstyle's name is quite self-explanatory. Therefore, to create it all you need to do is:
1) Make a braid.
2) Coil the braid into a bun.
3) Fix it in place with the help of hair pins.
The braided bun is a timeless hairstyle and chances are, you already know how to get it! If you haven't made it yet, give it a try. You'll never settle for a simpler bun in your life!
Braided buns can be worn everywhere – at the workplace, to a party or even at a glitzy affair. The longer your hair, the fuller your bun will appear. You can embellish your braided bun with ornate hair clips, or tuck in a fresh flower to romanticize the look. Spritz some hairspray to keep every strand in place and achieve a neat, salon-finished look.
Close Up! #blonde #blond #instablonde #instabraid #instabraids #braids #braid #dutchbraid #dutchbraids #instahair #braidqueen #zopf #zpfe #instablogger #longhair #langehaare #blondie #rapunzel #berlinblogger #germanblogger #beachwaves #flechtfrisur #superlonghair #sidebraid #sidebraids #blondgirl #instahair #fishtail #fischgrt #ponytail
9. High-Volume Side Braid
A full, fun and high-volume side braid is another quick fix hairstyle that you can try on a busy morning. As the name suggests, the hairstyle comprises a thick, chunky braid made on the side of the head. It is very difficult to create a voluminous braid with straight hair. Therefore, to create this hairstyle, you must have wavy or curly hair, ideally shoulder to waist length.
Here's how you can create a high-volume side braid in under five minutes:
1) Give the lower half of your hair a good tease to add volume.
2) Comb the teased section gently to smooth the surface.
3) Divide the section into three parts and make a loose side braid.
4) Using your fingers, tug the braid gently at places to create an undone look.
Use a good fine hold hairspray to set your high-volume side braid and sport this creative hairstyle with pride! You can make it your signature style by reaplacing the classic braid with a French braid or a fishtail.
10. Fake Bangs
Want to try out a new look without getting a radical haircut? Try fake bangs. Yes, you read that right! Youdon't need to chop your hair to get the appearance of sexy side bangs. All you need are some sneaky hairpins. To get the look,
1) Brush your hair thoroughly and make a side part.
2) Take a thick section of face-framing hair on the opposite side of the part and sweep it over your forehead.
3) Secure the end of this section behind your ear, using hairpins.
That's it, you've got a brand new hairstyle without even touching the scissors! Before you try out fake bangs, do remember to brush your hair properly to detangle any knots. After you've created the look, fix your faux bangs with a flexible hold putty to make it stay in place.