hairstyle.com
Search

How to Make a Neat Ponytail - Braided Half-Crown Combo Hairstyle

/ 11.10.2015
Sleek low pony and baby braids
Sleek low pony and baby braids

Ponytails and braids are two of the most popular hairstyles for almost all women with medium-length to long hair. What if we combined these two staples and created a brand new hairstyle that looked both unique and chic?

In this step-by-step tutorial, we'll tell you how to make a simple yet pretty hairstyle that combines a ponytail and a braided half-crown.

Ideal for women with straight or wavy hair, this hairstyle is neat enough to wear to work and romantic enough to wear to a date night.

Pss... it also has a subtle feel of the gorgeous Game of Thrones braided hairstyles that you've always wanted to replicate!

Are you ready? Let's get started!

You'll Need:

- Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Strand-Smoother Serum Spray
- A tail comb
- Hair elastics
- Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Fine Control Hairspray

Get the Look

Step One

Spritz your hair generously with Advanced Hairstyle SLEEK IT Strand-Smoother Serum Spray and brush it thoroughly to detangle knots and lend a subtle shine to the strands.

Step Two

Using a tail comb, create an accurate middle part and section off about half an inch of hair on both sides of the part.

Step Three

Make two thin, regular braids using the sectioned-off hair pieces. Once they're plaited all the way till the end, pull them to the back of your head and secure with bobby pins. This completes your braided half-crown.

Step Four

Gather the rest of your loose hair neatly at the back of your head (as close to the bobby pins as possible) and secure it with elastic to make a sleek ponytail.

Optional Style Tip: Trade your regular high ponytail for a looped half-pony. To create a loop, do not pull all your hair through the elastic while securing the pony. Let about 40% of the hair length remain in a loop and pull the remaining 60% out to make a long pony. (Please refer to the image above to get an idea of a looped ponytail)

Step Five

Spritz your hair generously with Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Fine Control Hairspray to set every strand in place. You can also use the back of your comb to smooth out flyways and cowlicks and give your hairstyle a smooth finish.

What do you think of this hairstyle? Simple and sweet, isn't it? Try it out!

Products needed

Produkt Online Kaufen

    Special issues

    > See all special issues
    / Special Issue
    Ponytail hairstyles: trends, tips and tutorials

    The ponytail is everyone's favorite updo and it isn't hard to see why. When we need a practical hairstyle, it's there. When we want something chic and simple for a night out, it's there. When we want an understated, elegant...

    / Special Issue
    Wavy hairstyles: trends and tutorials

    Wavy hair has been a beauty staple for several consecutive seasons, and the trend looks set to continue! To help you decide how rock the look with your own mane, you'll find everything you need to know in the articles below.

    Follow us

    Most read articles

    HairStyle Wall
    All hairstyles
    • All hairstyles
    • Men's hairstyles
    • Women's hairstyles
    • Ponytail
    • Updos
    • Braid
    • Layered
    • Bob cut
    • Bangs
    • Wet look
    All hair lengths
    • All hair lengths
    • Short
    • Mid length
    • Long
    All hair colors
    • All hair colors
    • Dark
    • Black
    • Brown
    • Red
    • Blond
    All hair types
    • All hair types
    • Curly
    • Wavy
    • Straight